EMC terrible slow

This is to report bugs

Moderator: Divesh

EMC terrible slow

Postby Henning » Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 pm

hi,

a costumer is complaining about the slow EMC. If Clients are offline, the EMC takes ages for getting the status of the installation! In this excample there are 10 clients and EMC takes several minutes to get the complete status of all clients. I have to implement eScan on a network with >50 clients in a week. How shall I / the costumer deploy and check all these clients?

The policy management is quit slow, too. And it still seems to be buggy. For example: I'm sure that I set the admin password in a policy the past but after an upgrade the settings where gone.

Kind regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby jasonhing » Tue May 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Not mention that you also have to keep clicking the skip button when it encounters and error like the one you mentioned or if access was denied. I actually had to install an AutoClick program to auto-click on the SKIP button so that I can scan my entire network without any interruptions.

Why can't you guys just make a Skip-All button?
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Henning » Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 pm

funny idea ;-)

how ever - i dont get this abort / skip buttons in this window. i know which one you mean - but I dont get it anymore. May be it is depending on the version and the "view" (I use normal view with groups for clients etc). May be you are using the "scan by ip" function? How ever - I just have to wait - everything else is locked and I cant abort it.

[/img]
Henning

Postby jasonhing » Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Maybe because you are running on a domain? I'm doing the same thing you are doing. My view is by groups and I right click on the Group Name and select 'Get Status of eScan installation'.

I'm running my network without any domain and if the desktop/notebook is not ON, I will get the 'Edit Host Configuration' window popping up and asking for administrator password. The only way to continue is to click on the skip button and hence the autoclick program that I have to run. I have close to about 150 desktops/notebooks and 20 servers. Servers don't give me any problems since they are always on. Notebooks are my biggest headache since they move about.

I'm running eScan for Corporate version 10.0.977.686.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Henning » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm

hello jasonhing,

thanks for your reply - i'm looking forward to the statement of Microworld. I discussed so many problems on chat - now I hope things will be better when making these topics public...

to answer your question: yes - the costumer has a Windows SBS 2003, with an active directory. We are using eScan for Mailscan Version 10.0.1058.686. I just had a look to the EMC. There's only "close" which is grey / deactivated, till the status-page is complete.

do you experience strange behaviors with the policies, too? I really dont trust them anymore.
Henning

Postby jasonhing » Wed May 05, 2010 7:00 am

I've been promised a new EMC for a year now. I started using eScan last year as they upgraded to version 10. However, I've been told that the EMC we are using is still from ver 9 and is not fully workable with ver 10. This issue was brought up due to the EMC Policies are not editable and have to create a new one each time I edit it. That has been fixed with a recent hotfixes but I still feel like I'm being cheated out of my money with undeliverable promises.

Unlike you, I'm a consumer and the customers I maintain are my fellow colleagues in the same company.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Henning » Tue May 18, 2010 4:11 pm

why doesnt microworld give any statement about this topic?
Henning

Postby vineeth » Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Hello ,

With reference to the slow response while getting the status of eScan installation for a range of systems, please note that the EMC tries more than once to get a status for a particular machine in case it is unable to get the response in the first try.
Hence , if the particular system is shutdown , the response time increases .
We have forwarded the query to our developers and would try to provide a "SKIP ALL" option so that machines which are shutdown would be automatically skipped and hence improve the response time in getting the status.

As per the query about the password policy being changed after an upgrade,please note that once a policy (in this case for admin password) has been deployed to the client systems, upgrading the eScan server or even uninstalling the eScan server would not change the settings on the clients systems.A new rule needs to be manually be deployed for the changes to take effect on the eScan client systems.
For more queries about the same please do revert back.

With regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Re: EMC terrible slow

Postby gennydoss0 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:11 pm

With this slow process, I have also noticed that iTunes could not backup the iPhone data. I am also having a problem with that. What are the reasons for the occurrence of such issues?
gennydoss0

Return to Bug Reports