MWAV version: 10.0.8 (ERROR)

This is to report bugs

Moderator: Divesh

MWAV version: 10.0.8 (ERROR)

Postby wabenzi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 pm

I was scanning my PC with MWAV and i had some errors, please explain to me and why should it be so.

Replacing Registry Value: ******** () Previous Value: ["%1" %*], New Value: ["%1" /S]...

** Scanning may fail! File Locked [SUSPICIOUS]: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\sptd.sys (????)
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".BUP". Action Taken: Entries Removed.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache" refers to invalid object "Internet Download Manager". Action Taken: Entries Removed.
File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\CommonEASO\EASOInstaller.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\Crack\fifa07.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\DirectX\dxsetup.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
wabenzi

Postby Varghese » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Replacing Registry Value: ******** () Previous Value: ["%1" %*], New Value: ["%1" /S]...
A changed Registry Value is brought back to default. I cant make out in which path is it making since you dint post the preceeding and the concluding lines of this line.

** Scanning may fail! File Locked [SUSPICIOUS]: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\sptd.sys (????)
This happens if a file is locked due to some reason and is not available for the scanner. There are various reasons for it..The file could be a password protected, or a file used by some other critical running process which cannot be killed etc.

Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".BUP". Action Taken: Entries Removed.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache" refers to invalid object "Internet Download Manager". Action Taken: Entries Removed.
These entries are values in registry corresponding to the files on the file system. Once these local files are deleted, the leftovers remain in the registry which is useless. MWAV deletes these as Invalid Objects.

File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\CommonEASO\EASOInstaller.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\Crack\fifa07.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
File C:\DOCUME~1\HAMIN\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX02.204\DirectX\dxsetup.exe infected by "NULL.Corrupted" Virus! Action Taken: File Deleted.
MWAV finds and deletes files of 0 bytes assuming it to be the leftovers of viruses. These are removed as NULL.Corrupted Virus by MWAV.
Varghese

Return to Bug Reports