remote installation status

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

remote installation status

Postby Henning » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi,

it would be nice, if the progress-bar of the remote-install progress of EMC would be a little bit more accurate. Actually it displays only the progess of uploading the files to the client - but not the install-status! EMC says "finished", even if the installation is still in progress or even failed!

Regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby Shrinivas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Henning,

Thanks for your feedback.
We will try to add this feature in the next EMC.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby Henning » Tue May 18, 2010 4:34 pm

i still cant see the "real" progress of the remote installation. this is very poor, because we dont know when to reboot the client / when to deploy the espatch / if something got wrong in the installation. We and our costumers cant use the EMC like we / they expect.
Henning

Postby vineeth » Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello,

With reference to your query, in the escan management console we have given a feature wherein "Auto-reboot " of the client system can be scheduled once the remote installation is complete.

>Open the EMC and get the status of the systems on which you want to install eScan in client mode.
>Insert the necessary login information .
>Once the connection is shown as 'Successfull' , select all such systems from the status window ,right click on it and then select
"Remote Install/Uninstall/Upgrade software".
>In the next window, click on "eScan install options" and enable the "Auto-reboot after install" feature and click on Ok.
On clicking the "Start" button, the remote installation on the client machines will begin and the machines will automatically reboot once the installation is complete.

About the progress bar for the client installation to be shown in the EMC, at present only the progress bar for the transfer of files are shown .
It will take some more development time for the new EMC since more features will be incorporated in the same.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Postby Henning » Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm

ok - understood.

and when do i know, when "automatical reboot after installation" is finished? i still dont know when to deploy the espatch. and i still dont get a true feedback, if the installation was ok - or not.
Henning

Return to Feedback/Wishlist