How to update eScan rescue disk

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

How to update eScan rescue disk

Postby patel.mahesh » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Dear Sir,

I just want to know that how can i update my rescue disk. I had search in other form topic but it says that for every time I have to download letest updated rescue disk image and then i have to burn it. But I want to update my disk which not to be need download updated image evrey time. My request to you that give one utility which ask for updatebd file after booting from rescue disk.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh Patel
patel.mahesh

Postby vineeth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Dear Mahesh,

Thank you for contacting us at eScan.

With reference to your query, please note the following points about the eScan bootable rescue disk
>In case the machine has eScan installed with the latest virus signatures, the same updated signature will be used when the machine is booted using the eScan rescue disk.
>Additionally, if you want to update the eScan rescue image file already saved on your machine , you can do so using the "Tools" option in the eScan Protection center

Procedure:-
>On your eScan installed system, get the eScan virus signature database updated to the latest date.
>Right click on the eScan icon on the task bar and click on "Open eScan Protection Center
>Go to Tools option and click on Create eScan ISO image file
>In the next window select Copy eScan rescue iso image file from local drive or a network , click Next
>Then browse and select the old iso image file which you had downloaded earlier, keep the destination path as is.
>Follow the instructions given to update the existing eScan ISO image with the latest virus signature updates.
Once the process is complete, the new ISO image file will have the latest virus signature.You will be prompted to provide the path where the new eScan rescue disk image needs to be saved.

Kindly revert back in case you have any more queries.
With Regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
Web site: www.escanav.com
Technical Support Website:- http://support.mwti.net/support
vineeth

Return to Technical Support