Features and Explanations

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Features and Explanations

Postby wabenzi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 pm

I have been using eScan for the past 4 years, i have been seeing some features i don't really understand what it does, please explain them carefully for my understanding:
1. At the Web Protection >>Scanning Option, what is the "Block E-mails (RFC 822)??
2. How do i configure my outlook mail to synchronize with the eScan "Mail Antivirus" and "Mail Antispam"?? Enable Sender Policy Framework(SPF) check? Enable Spam URI Realtime Blacklist(SURBL) chack? Enable Realtime Blackhole list(RBL) check? Enable NILP checker? Enable Email Headers? Enable X-Spam Rules check??
3. What is RBL Servers at the Anti Spam option? What is the "Add Disclaimer to Outgoing Mails" and "Add Disclaimer to Incoming Mails.
4. At the scanning options, what does it mean as priority of scanner: High(short runtime), Normal(normal runtime) and Low(Long runtime)?????
5. Finally, concerning the rescue disc, should the PC be connected to the internet before it works? how do i get to use it??

Thank you, hoping your responds will be in due time.
Ben writes
wabenzi

Postby vineeth » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Hello Ben,

With reference to your queries, we would request you to kindly check our wiki database which has a detailed explanation of all the eScan features.
www.escanav.com/wiki

You may refer the below direct link for eScan feature description
http://download1.mwti.net/wiki/index.php/EPC

1>More details about the "Block E-mails(RFC 822)" can be found in the above wiki link.

2>In order to enable the the scanning of emails in your email client , you just need to enable both the features i.e. 'Mail Anti-virus ' for content scanning and 'Anti-Spam' for spam filtering in the eScan Protection centre.
Enabling these will scan your incoming emails (by default) for your email client having a POP3 account on the local system.
For scanning of outgoing emails, the feature needs to be enabled manually from 'Mail Anti-virus ' settings.
For more details about the other options , please refer the above wiki link

3>The RBL contains a list of servers / sites which maintains a list of Spammers details and can be changed as per one’s requirement (add / delete).If this option is checked, eScan will refer these lists to check your email for possible spam .

4>Priority of scanner – This determines the priority of the scanning process along with the other processes running in Windows operating system. The options can be selected are High / Normal / Low priority.
Depending on the priority given to the scanner, the scanning times will vary i.e. a LOW priority scan will take a longer time to finish the scanning of the system than a HIGH priority scan.

5>Sometimes, viruses, trojans and other malware are embedded so
tightly into your operating system that when you boot Windows the normal way, the virus is also loaded and cannot be detected or removed by antivirus software running in that system. In such a case, you
may use the eScan rescue disk to start up Windows from a clean source land scan the hard disk from there.
For complete procedure about how to make the rescue disk and use it , please refer the below link
http://download1.mwti.net/wiki/index.ph ... escue_Disk

With regards,
Vineeth K.
eScan
vineeth

Return to Technical Support