eScan10 on Tally 6.3 Server

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

eScan10 on Tally 6.3 Server

Postby tbaba » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 pm

I recently upgraded eScan from version 9x to version 10.0.1009.568 on Tally 6.3 server, the OS is windows server 2003 enterprise edition, after the upgrade users finds it difficult to access tally, i excluded tally folder in escan file settings (Exclude folder) and also stop the services of econServ on tally server and restarted the system, they still find it difficult to access tally. Not until i uninstall escan, users were able to access Tally server smoothly.
Kindly help me out because i need to reinstall escan on the tally server.
Thanking you in advance.

Taofeek
tbaba

Postby Shrinivas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Taofeek,

Please let us know,if the clients are
1) Are not able to access the tally server at all ?
2) The processing has slowed down.

If the processing has slowed down,then please run the latest hotfix with below command line parameter.
i.e.
espatch1.exe /OplockAdd

(This adds the registry entry EnableOplocks=0 in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters)

And if the clients are not able to get connected to the server,then please do join us on the live chat from www.escanav.com so that our technical team can have look at the problem.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

eScan 10 on Tally 6.3 Server

Postby tbaba » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

I download and install eScan 10.0.1058.644 DB, i took the latest update from the escan server, it was still the same problem, users still find it difficult to access, the prossesing is so slow, it took about 9 minute to ckeck ballance while loading, i check EnableOplocks in the registry the value data is =0 though i am still downloading the latest espatch, but i don't think this will solve the issue because since the aim of my download of espatch is to correct the registry value of EnableOplocks to be =0
tbaba

Postby Shrinivas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am

Hi Taofeek,

You can join our technical team on live chat by visiting to our website.
The technical team will then have a closer look at the problem to solve it.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Return to Technical Support