For end point security

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

For end point security

Postby patel.mahesh » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 am

We had define three type of policy of end point security. one is for USB device, one for application block and one for enable all messengers. We had one problem that if we deploy application rule then it is also blocked USB devices. So I want to know that can I deploy only application rule which should not effect on it's USB device setting. b'coz some user had given their own password for USB device which setting is change if I deploy any end point security. Thnaks in advance.

Regards,
Mahesh Patel
patel.mahesh

Postby Shrinivas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Mahesh,

As per your requirement you can deploy the policies from the server (But make sure if you are deploying Application Control Policy for a client who has Custom USB password,you will need to enter that CUSTOM password while deploying the policy.As the Application Control & USB control comes under single module "End Point Security").
If you still have doubts,you can mail us across on support@mwti.net so that our technical team can get a closer look on the reported situation.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Return to Technical Support