Another Hotfix 570 and another broken software. USB failures

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Another Hotfix 570 and another broken software. USB failures

Postby jasonhing » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Here we go again, another hotfix and we end up with another broken piece of software. This is not a hotfix. This is like a hot knife through butter.

Updated to 10.0.977.570 using the latest hotfix and now my USB ports are all blocked from using USB storage (pendrives and hdd). We have just spent half the day with your online support to resolve this issue and now it has become a manual fix. What makes this bug really bad is that it affect some and not all of my computers. On the affected computers we have to remove the USB drivers and let Windows reinstall them when we plug in the device. Another piece of bad news is that I've rolled this out to more than a hundred users and servers. I guess my nightmare is about to start again.

Only good thing about posting this issue here is that your competitors are calling me to switch over to their software (I do remember posting my number and contact in one of my complaints). Good for me. Not good for you. With the amount of manual work that my team has to do, it has come up to the equivalent of a full anti-virus migration. I guess when I propose to change the anti-virus at the end of the 1 year subscription, I won't get any objections from my team.

I would like to thank the online support staff who helped my team but it was not the fix I expected.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Gurdip Singh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Dear Jason

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Every part of the software goes through thorough quality tests, but the sheer number of Windows configurations present out in the real world, makes few things very difficult to analyze or predict.

Also, you wont need to do any support for the USB issue. A realtime update will be released, which will obviate the need for any manual intervention and will correct itself.

Let me know if we can help you with any further information or with you customers.

Warm Regards
Gurdip.
Gurdip Singh

Postby Gurdip Singh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Dear Jason,

The update has been released to resolved the issue, please check and revert back if the problem still persist.
Gurdip Singh
MicroWorld.
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 am

We will be monitoring this from today as there are still about 100+ machines that I will be upgrading from 493 to 570 soon.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Return to Technical Support