eMail notification when virus was found on client...

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

eMail notification when virus was found on client...

Postby Henning » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Hello

How do i setup a notification via eMail, if a virus was found on a client. I found in EMC policys an option to setup the mail-adresses, but dont know where to configure the email-server...

Using eScan corp, 9.0.824.493.

Best regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby Shrinivas » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Henning,

You will need to specify e-mail IDs of sender, receiver, IP address of the mail server and at what time the reports are mailed. Reports are generated by the system and user intervention is not required for this.

Once all the valid values are entered, the system automatically generates and sends reports at the specified time.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby Henning » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello Shrinivas,

OK - but where can I set these Values in EMC / Policies? I'd expect these setting in "Monitor Settings" but was not able to find anything there.

Second: I want an to get this eMail as soon as a Virus was detected of the eScan monitor, not at a fixed date / time. I can understand that EMC v9 is not able to get the infection status immediately due to the missing "client live update" which is fully implemented in v10. The eMail notification is like a "work-around" for me.

Regards,
Henning
Henning

Postby Shrinivas » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Henning,

You will find the Report configuration option in the EMC itself.
In EMC you will find "Report" listed in the Menu bar and in there you will need to see "Configure Mailing of Reports" option in there.

You will need to add the correct details in there so as to get the reports.
And as the "immediate mailing" was not available in V9 we have came up with eScan Version 10 EMC.
Also we have added the mailing reports on "immediate" basis to our wishlist and we will let you know the availability of the feature soon.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby Henning » Tue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

just found these other old post which contents the same inquery about the eMail notification. please give me an update about the status.

kind regards,
Henning
Henning

Return to Technical Support