300 eScan Corporate license and the antivirus doesn't work..

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

300 eScan Corporate license and the antivirus doesn't work..

Postby jasonhing » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:50 am

I have purchased 300 eScan Corporate license and the antivirus cannot work. I have installed it on 200 machines and they are hanging everyday due to the unsolved AVPMAPP.EXE issue.

I'm now turning off the File scanning hoping that it will stop the hanging of the PCs and Server. This has turned eScan into a very expensive antivirus software that no longer has any realtime protection.

I have also received no help from your local reseller in Malaysia. They know how to sell the antivirus to me but provided no support for this issue.

If anybody from Microworld would like to contact me directly, you can get your Malaysian office to call me on +603-51232636 or email me at jasonhing@rsh.com.my.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Varghese » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello Jason,

Please confirm if after taking the updates dated 12Aug09, the problem of avpmapp.exe utilizing 99%CPU solved or not.

Pls Note: This requires a reboot of the machine for the changes to take effect (Especially for Servers that is not rebooted in a long time)
Varghese

Postby jasonhing » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 pm

So far I've enabled file anti-virus for all the computers and servers. Currently they are all updated to the 14th of August. Unfortunately my users already know their machines will keep hanging after the installation of eScan that they no longer report the hanging issue to the IT dept. They just restart the machine themselves.

So far today I have no reports or that nobody bothered to report any hang issue. I will continue to check on another group of users who were affected by the update date issue which is now resolved.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

Varghese wrote:Hello Jason,

Please confirm if after taking the updates dated 12Aug09, the problem of avpmapp.exe utilizing 99%CPU solved or not.

Pls Note: This requires a reboot of the machine for the changes to take effect (Especially for Servers that is not rebooted in a long time)

It is actually making the situation worse. I've got some machines hanging more frequently after the update. I'm turning off the file anti-virus.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Gurdip Singh » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Hello Jason,

Can you provide us the remote access to any of the system where the problem occur very frequently.
With this we will be in better position to trace out the cause of the problem.

You can forward the details to qa@mwti.net

Regards
Gurdip Singh
Gurdip Singh

Postby jasonhing » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:01 pm

I will not be in the office tomorrow but I will consider your option after I get back to work. However, as stated in my other topic, I do not want to do testing anymore. I do not believe that I'm the only customer facing this problem and I do not want to be made into a guinea pig for testing.

I want a solution.

At this moment I have tried all 4 options that was given to me in this order (summary).

1) Set file limits to 2048
2) Set registry option for memory opt to 1
3) Set registry option for thread counts to 7
4) The supposedly 12th August update was suppose to fix the issue but it didn't.

At this moment, I have only one workable solution for this issue that stops the hanging and that is to stop the file anti-virus scanning. Only that works but that defeats the purpose of having the anti-virus software in the first place.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby axel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm

2) Set registry option for memory opt to 1
3) Set registry option for thread counts to 7

Try to set MemoryOption = 0
Reboot and check
If it does not help
set BdThreadCount = 1
Regards,
Axel

DA&S Technology, Germany
axel

Postby jasonhing » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:57 am

Sorry.. typo in my previous reply. That was what I have done for the last couple of weeks. Set mem opt to 0 and bdthreadcount to 1. It does not solve the problem.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Varghese » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 pm

jasonhing wrote:Sorry.. typo in my previous reply. That was what I have done for the last couple of weeks. Set mem opt to 0 and bdthreadcount to 1. It does not solve the problem.

Hello Jason,

Do you get the problems with avpmapp.exe again..there has been a change in the updates for this...
Varghese

Postby jasonhing » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:21 am

Yes I know of the update. I had a visit from eScan Malaysia and we checked the updates to ensure that it is correct. I've restarted the servers last night and will monitor over the weekend. Hopefully we can close this case soon.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:04 pm

So far so good. It's been 2 weekends and all the servers are still working. Users are not reporting any major issues either. The fixes are working so far.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Varghese » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback...
Varghese

Return to Technical Support