Deploy Rule Sets Issue - Cannot click Next button to deploy

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Deploy Rule Sets Issue - Cannot click Next button to deploy

Postby jasonhing » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 am

Please view the attached image. I can create a Rule Set and then deploy it a couple of times. After that, the Next>> Button will grey out and I cannot use that policy anymore. Why is this happening? I'm using eScan V10 patch 493 and this issue has happened all the way from version .409 to .466 to .493

Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby jasonhing » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Can somebody answer this? It is so rude to ignore your customer. This is surely a problem but everybody is just keeping quiet. Why does the policy deployment stop working? What happened to the 'Next' Button. I cannot continue until I removed the current policy and set a new one. This is so hopeless.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Shrinivas » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late reply.
This problem is observed when the Ddetail.dat file on the eScan server is not intact.
It might happen while deploying a policy the records which are saved in this file are not getting saved properly.
We are working on this and the same will be corrected in the new EMC.

Mean while you can rename the ddetail.dat file so that the NEW file will be generated while deploying the policy.
(Note: This will clear all the info from EMC gui and you will need to redeploy the policy.)
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Postby jasonhing » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Oh no. This just deletes all the policies that I have. This is not a solution. This is exactly what I'm by deleting the policy and then recreating it. This solution just deletes ALL the policies at once and not the solution I'm looking for. Eventually the problem will come back. I'm also testing the other solution provided in another thread.
Regards,
Jason Hing
jasonhing

Postby Shrinivas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:20 pm

We will wait for the feedback from your end then.
With Regards,

Shrinivas P.
MicroWorld Technologies Inc.
Shrinivas

Return to Technical Support