File Renamed

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

File Renamed

Postby Erdinger » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 am

Hi,

Just curious, lately I attended to one of the customer PC, detected and manage to remove many viruses. I notice some virus was not removing but rename, following:-

File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\955.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.1800624 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\avto.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046847 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\avto2.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072633 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\q5.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046864 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\q8.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072629 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\svc.exe.15833146 infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046847 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\teste3_p.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072587 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
My question is can we delete this from the PC and what is the reason to rename instead of delete after all it Trojan!

Hope you can clear mine doubt.

Thank you in advance.

Erdinger
Every day is a learning day.
Erdinger

Postby Erdinger » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

I am still awaiting for eScan reply, hope to hear from you soon.
I like to know procedure to do when rename file is shown.

Please confirm.

Erdinger
Every day is a learning day
:roll:
Erdinger

Re: File Renamed

Postby tarique » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Erdinger wrote:Hi,

Just curious, lately I attended to one of the customer PC, detected and manage to remove many viruses. I notice some virus was not removing but rename, following:-

File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\955.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.1800624 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\avto.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046847 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\avto2.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072633 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\q5.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046864 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\q8.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072629 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\svc.exe.15833146 infected by "Trojan.Generic.2046847 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
File C:\Documents and Settings\Gerard\Local Settings\Temp\teste3_p.exe infected by "Trojan.Generic.2072587 (DB)" Virus! Action Taken: File Renamed.
My question is can we delete this from the PC and what is the reason to rename instead of delete after all it Trojan!

Hope you can clear mine doubt.

Thank you in advance.

Erdinger
Every day is a learning day.

Please send us rename files to samples@mwti.net
So we will better position to assist you.

tarique

Return to Technical Support