Asking for password

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Asking for password

Postby susmitroy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:14 pm

I have installed the Escan AV Pro edition in my new pc having NTFS partition with windows xp sp2. Now when any one is trying to access my pc in my office network (having win xp or win98 OS ) , a user name and password is asking for log in (in win xp) and only password is asking with win98 OS. But there is no password at all and i have tried by giving user name administrator and pwd same or blank. But it don't work. Then i format and install xp sp2 again and don't install Escan, the problem solved. Againg i install EScan the problem arise. I set escan at default setting. How to solve ?
SUSMIT
KOLKATA, INDIA
susmitroy

Postby tarique » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Please follow this step to resolve this issue:
1 )Because it may be of the firewall protection on windows xp Please disable winxp firewall,
Right click on network places >>>>Properties >>>> Right click the lan connection>>>>Properties >>>> Advance >>>>Setting>>>> Uncheck or disable firewall for this connection.

2) Now you have to enable a feature in winXP:
Go to Control Panel>>>> Local security policy in administrative tools.>>>> Under local settings select security options. Search for "Network access :Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users" and Enable >>>> Apply >>>>OK

3) Turn off Simple File Sharing, and then take ownership of the folder.
A) Open My Computer from the Start Menu or Windows XP Desktop>>>>Open the Tools menu and select the "Folder Options" option from this menu>>>>Click on the View tab >>>> "Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)" checkbox in the list of Advanced Settings.
To disable Simple File Sharing, ensure this checkbox is not checked. >>>Click OK to close the Folder Options window.
B) Taking Ownership:
Right-click>>>> Drive>>>> >>>> Properties>>>>Click the Security tab>>>>Advance>>>>select Owner Tab>>>> Select Administrator or your local user name>>>>Click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects>>>>Apply>>>>OK

3)Please restart your sytem then check.

Now it should work.
tarique

Return to Technical Support