Mailscan for Exchange eMail Quarentine

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Mailscan for Exchange eMail Quarentine

Postby Sym » Fri May 09, 2008 4:32 pm

we are having trouble with webadmin quarentine with mailscan, emails that have been deleted show up when you extend the date from "Today" to a previous date, and when you click "View" you get the following error.
"File Doesn't Exist. Please Delete this Entry"
If we then try to delete nothing happens.

What is causing this and what can we do to fix it??
PJF Computer Solutions Ltd
Official UK eScan reseller
Sym

Postby vikas » Fri May 09, 2008 4:45 pm

please let me know which version you are using. And also let me know do
you delete todays emails or backdated emails .
vikas

Postby vikas » Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 pm

I have checked this thing. This would only happen if you open Mailscan Administrator ( Not from webadmin )

1. Then selecting the sub folder.
2. Then you delete any of the email from the older dates
3. Then you open webadmin
4. Then when you try to access that deleted emails from webadmin
it gives the error.

The reason being, we update mailscan database every day in one database file. And it has all the records maintained in it. And when
you login through webadmin if you do any query like from date to To date
then it fetches that record from that database. And when you delete any file from previous dates, it gets deleted from that folder and that record does not get updated in the database hence it leads to this error.

We would suggestg you that if you are deleting any of your emails please do it from the Webadmin.

Thank you
vikas

Postby axel » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Vikas,

we do not have this error problem like Sym but when using webadmin it shows a funny list of dates:
until 12th of each month it uses American dates (like 05.12.2008) and for dates larger than 12 it uses normal (European) dates (like 30.04.2008)

MailScan 5.50a for MailServers (ESPATCH1 164)

As we already deleted most of old SPAM and HAM folders, we would like to update the database (I think it is reports.mcn) - is there any easy way to do this?
Regards,
Axel

DA&S Technology, Germany
axel

Return to Technical Support