Mail Deleted by Escan

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Mail Deleted by Escan

Postby mln » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:29 am

Customer has Escan pro build 779 with with the latest patch.

Some times Outlook sends mails properly from the users account but some times it deletes with no reason but a mail is sent to the user about the same..

I had asked him to change the Message format from RTF to Plain Text.

But his question is why is it sending without any issue some times and it deletes some times .:) For which i do not any answer.

I have asked him to send a mail to him self which had got deleted though his id was added to the white list.

The system was scanned with Mwav 9.7.7 and no virus found.
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Re: Mail Deleted by Escan

Postby Divesh » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:22 pm

mln wrote:Customer has Escan pro build 779 with with the latest patch.

Some times Outlook sends mails properly from the users account but some times it deletes with no reason but a mail is sent to the user about the same..

I had asked him to change the Message format from RTF to Plain Text.

But his question is why is it sending without any issue some times and it deletes some times .:) For which i do not any answer.

I have asked him to send a mail to him self which had got deleted though his id was added to the white list.

The system was scanned with Mwav 9.7.7 and no virus found.

Please check the email Scan log [ESCANMON.LOG] of the escan to check for the reason of deletion...
eScan Forum Administrator,
MicroWorld.
=========
Divesh
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support