Feature Request: Auto Scan (by ODS / MWAV) for Pen Drrives

Post your techical queries on any product in our range of AntiVirus, AntiSpam, Content Security and Firewall Solutions sold under the brand names of eScan, MailScan, eConceal and X-Spam here. Your queries will be responded to by our expert technical team directly.

Moderators: Divesh, Gurdip Singh

Feature Request: Auto Scan (by ODS / MWAV) for Pen Drrives

Postby Divesh » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:56 am

Can we have Auto Scan (either by ODS / MWAV) feature whenever any removable drives like Pen Drive is connected to a system. As and when a pen drive is connected to a system scan, scanning should be invoked for a full scan of the removable drive i.e. including folders and subfolders as well.
Or, have an option where the users can select / deselect the Auto Scanning option for Removable Drives.
Divesh
Site Admin

Pendrive

Postby dattesh » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 pm

:lol: I'm as well looking for this type of features in our Escan, coz when i was on damo for escan my pendrive caught by 65 viruses.. like brontok, trojan, & through this my home pc also infected. Is there any Pendrive lock Soft or Pendrive manager.. so we can save our pendrives or get infected.

Thanks
dattesh

Re: Feature Request: Auto Scan (by ODS / MWAV) for Pen Drriv

Postby Divesh » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Divesh wrote:Can we have Auto Scan (either by ODS / MWAV) feature whenever any removable drives like Pen Drive is connected to a system. As and when a pen drive is connected to a system scan, scanning should be invoked for a full scan of the removable drive i.e. including folders and subfolders as well.
Or, have an option where the users can select / deselect the Auto Scanning option for Removable Drives.

The option of Auto Scan will be added and is under development.
eScan Forum Administrator,
MicroWorld.
=========
Divesh
Site Admin

javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

Postby mln » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:50 pm

If the same is integrated it would be of great use as most customers have requested for the same.
Lakshmi Narayanan
Chennai
mln

Postby vikas » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 am

it would not be feasible when you put 40gb usb drive and scan it automatically. It should ask the user whether to scan it or not.
vikas

Pendrive

Postby dattesh » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Dear Vikas,

Is it possible to lock or restrict Removable drive if not automatically scan?
dattesh

Pen drive scanning using escan monitor

Postby Aniket » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:58 am

To scan USB drives using eScan real time monitor, Please do the following changes in eScan monitor settings :
1.) Double click on eScan monitor icon (Red shield)
2.) Go to "Objects" section in left side pane.
3.) On the right side, under "Scan compound objects", check the option "Archives"
4.) Save the settings by clicking on "Apply".
Aniket

Return to Technical Support